Tuesday, May 26, 2009

And on your left we have inertia

Florence has been great. The Boboli Gardens were big enough but very poorly maintained. That did however mean less tourists and gave kind of a cool worn look.


 After waiting in line at the Uffizi for an hour and running into Nessy we got more than our fill of renaissance art and decided to get some lunch at the Oil Shoppe. It was awesome and you had a choice of meat, cheese, 4 veggies, and sauce. Great panini and great price. After searching for a gelato place we had recommended to us we were redirected by a local to Vivoli.



I have never tasted anything like it. It blew my mind. Everyone always talks about how amazing gelato is and I never understood it really. I mean it was always enjoyable but this stuff was orgasmable. Katie later informed me that Vivoli isn't even the best. I guess I will have to come back and see if she's just blowing steam.

We then got a little lost trying to find David and stumbled upon the Basilica della Santissima Annunziata. We were instantly wowed. The detail and ornateness of the inside was incredibly misleading given the plain exterior. We were soon showed out though because Kate had bare shoulders. I wish I could say this was the first time she was kicked out/not let in. Kate really loves Catholicism. 

David did not disappoint. I had no idea it was David as in David and Goliath. And I did not know he was holding his sling. Learn something new everyday. I think when traveling it should be learn 20 somethings a day.

After a brief rest back at the hostel we met back up with Nessy and some crazy Nova Scotian girls and headed for the Piazza Michelangelo. It was gorgeous and we watched the sun set over Florence and had some champagne. 



The rest of the night was great. The girls were absolutely crazy. For starters they downed an entire bottle of vod (vodka in Nova Scotian lingo) with a bit of help from my sis and then proceeded to run off down alleyways, hop on passing tour busses  and mopeds of random Florentines. I will try and find the vid (Nova Scotian for video) of their adventures of the night. After buying a glowing tiara from a peddler we were picked up by one of the tour bus drivers that the girls had endeared themselves to. Connie then narrated as we rode around the city. In the words of my sister "I have never laughed so hard". I can't decided which was funnier, Connie saying "and on your left we have inertia" as the bus turned and she flew into the window or if Emily dancing around with the bus driver in the middle of the train station. 

It was a great night.

We are in Munich now and are loving it so far. 

Auf Wiedersehen!

No comments:

Post a Comment